We just kicked off another season of The Exchange and it felt so good to be back together. Even with over 200 women in attendance, the space felt warm, inviting and much more intimate! We loved having 60+ first timers!! Thank you to all that volunteered to make it possible.
I have never been more excited about upcoming content than I am for this fall! We kicked off last week looking at Lysa Terkeurst’s book, The Best Yes. We discussed practical steps that we can take to determine our BEST YES. We explored questions that we can ask in order to seek wisdom. Because as we uncovered, wisdom will help you make decisions that will still be good for tomorrow. There is nothing more inspiring than being around a group of women that want to live their BEST YES!
As I have been preparing for this upcoming year, it dawned on me that the common thread woven throughout all the topics is ultimately about Living Our Best Life. And a series of Best Yeses will eventually be a BEST LIFE! When it comes to Living Our Best Life, no one talks more passionately about this, than the one and only Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah shares some tips she has on LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE. And since that is what we want to do, I thought I would kick off our new year, by sharing some of Oprah’s tips on living your best life.
1. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
2. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.
3. It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no pleasure in the climb.
4. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
5. The essential question is not, “How busy are you?’ but ‘What are you busy at?’ ‘Are you doing what fulfills you?
6. What I know for sure is that what you give comes back to you.
7. Speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have.
8. I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
9. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
10. You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
We are so grateful to get to be a part of a community of women that want to live their best life. We are not striving for perfection. We are simply a work in progress… becoming the best version of ourselves that we can be. And as a result, we can then offer our best selves to those around us. The better me I can be, the better me, those around me get! Thank you for being a part of this very FUN, very REAL, very INTENTIONAL group of women!
And in Oprah’s words herself,
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right!!!